We’ve created a number of tools and resources to help you use the FLW Standard. You can download below the following:
– Guidance on quantification methods
– A summary of the requirements in the FLW Standard
– A sample reporting form
– A customizable visual to summarize the scope of an FLW inventory
– Key terms and definitions used in the FLW Standard
Have feedback on these resources? Send us a note at email@example.com.
Guidance on Quantification Methods
You have several options for how to quantify food loss and waste.
In this companion to the FLW Standard, you will find guidance on 10 of the most common methods. To help you select which method may be most appropriate for your circumstances, try out the FLW Quantification Method Ranking Tool. This straight-forward tool offers suggestions based on a short set of questions.
Individual Chapters from the Guidance on FLW Quantification Methods
- GUIDANCE ON DIRECT WEIGHING (PDF)
- GUIDANCE ON COUNTING (PDF)
- GUIDANCE ON ASSESSING VOLUME (PDF)
- GUIDANCE ON WASTE COMPOSITION ANALYSIS (PDF)
- GUIDANCE ON RECORDS (PDF)
- GUIDANCE ON DIARIES (PDF)
- GUIDANCE ON SURVEYS (PDF)
- GUIDANCE ON MASS BALANCE (PDF)
- GUIDANCE ON MODELING (PDF)
- GUIDANCE ON PROXY DATA (PDF)
- APPENDIX A. QUANTIFYING FLW IF WATER IS ADDED
Requirements in the FLW Standard
This simple Word document provides a summary table of the eight reporting and accounting requirements contained in the FLW Standard (Chapter 4). Guidance on implementing these requirements is provided throughout the FLW Standard, with further guidance about reporting your food loss and waste inventory included in Chapter 13.
Sample Reporting Template
This sample reporting form will help you record and report the results of inventories conducted using the FLW Standard. You can enter the items you are required to report to be in conformance with the FLW Standard, and create a summary of your food loss and waste inventory.
You are not required to use this template, and you may also modify it to best suit your needs.
Summarizing the Scope of a Food Loss and Waste Inventory
The FLW Standard makes it easy to describe the scope of what you’re measuring. Download a simple visual you can use in presentations or otherwise.
Terms and Definitions Used in the FLW Standard
Find a summary of key terms and definitions used in the FLW Standard.
These additional tools and guides can help you know more about the causes, extent and effects of food loss and waste. These materials are separate from the FLW Standard, and have been developed by other organizations.